Pages

Saturday 3 April 2010

The long short journey of making a film

I've been erratically writing this blog since sometime now and I've always felt something missing. At times, I've felt that I've had nothing to say (which would explain some of the mind numbingly pretentious boring posts). The blog vehicle, until now, was used by me to hop, skip and jump between creative pursuits. To keep the fire burning, as they say.

But now I feel that this must have some continuity. Some kind of chain.. some kind of connection. So, I've decided that from now on, I will detail and illustrate my everyday struggle to make my own film. Many books, quotes etc etc simply put it, 'If you want to make your film, make it'. And that, in some sense, is true and wise. But when you go about setting a certain standard for yourself, you just cannot go and make it...

Anyway, so begins my constant documentation of maneuvering my way through the underbelly of making films in Mumbai.

Having written this, I now feel if I really do want to make film. Do I have a story to tell? Only one way to find out....

No comments: